Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Rant, a rave and big plans walk into a bar and …..




A Rant, a rave and big plans walk into a bar and …..
Ahh the peaceful sounds of a mega ton train screaming by right outside the window… I feel like it has been in my head a good bit of tonight. It is 11:11 and the inside pounding my brain has been getting has finally lightened up. Could just now be the adrenaline wearing off from the Giants game or something as un sexy and boring as a head cold.
Anyhow, tonight is election night and I freed myself of my civic duty. I have a lot of people I love and respect and care dearly about who are passionate voters and I respect that. I just don’t want to play the game anymore. I really got behind the Kerry and Edwards ticket and maybe I am being a baby but I felt duped later…years later by Edwards. I guess we shouldn’t put anyone on that pedestal we are all flawed the question is to what degree. I am not sure where I heard the phrase “If voting mattered they wouldn’t let you do it” but it has stuck with me and just this year I fully committed to it.
I am now in California and just recently have I started feeling comfortable with my new home and my choices for Governor are a gravelly voice guy who has probably gone down on Linda Ronstadt and a billionaire with a forehead you could show a drive in movie on? OK cheap shots aside voting and backing a politician is like picking a favorite baseball player or hoops star, they have more money than you do and they will probably always will and they know of your existence and say what they do is for the people or for the fans but ultimately as long as they still get paid and have their higher quality creature comforts they don’t care much about you.
I have been following some of the elections tonight but in the same way I follow my Fantasy Football team or On line village site (shit I just realized I have not checked in I am sure it has been raped and pillaged har har). It is kind of interesting to look at the stats and project. Maybe it is the sports manager in me or possibly I am trying to substitute the soon to be lack of baseball stats with this race (the season is barely a day over for the love of Pete).

I had a feeling Prop 19 would not pass, it would have brought in a lot of money for the state but let’s just keep our no white shoes after Labor Day archaic ideas people. A vote on weed didn’t pass because of either 2 lame jokes:

A. Those in favor all wanted to vote at 4:20 and the polling location could not handle the onslaught
B. They forgot
So I have some plans on deck for writing and now that baseball is done I should have more time to write this and that and bad poetry with odd photos. I am still planning on writing up some stuff about this baseball season from the Giants winning to Matt Downs and why I wish he was still here to my fascination and odd affection to the Pittsburgh Pirates as well as my run down and musings on the team I am creating in Sim League Baseball. It is a team that is selected by my heart and not my head or top picks. I am teasing the idea of having my whole pitching staff being Knuckleballers and submarine/sidearm throwers. A team with the Niekro brothers and Johnny Bench…one word AWESOME. I am thinking of naming the team something homesick and thoughtful:

Maybe...
A. The Topeka Heart
B. The Dodge City Deliveries
C. The Ransom Rascals
D. The Lawrence Layaway Plans
The other project I was hoping to start tonight is sadly another men in panties grappling one. I was pretty jazzed to find the PWI 500 at a Barnes and Noble (of course I went back later and bought it when I was alone so as not to get teased and made fun of) and I know a lot of people hate the rankings and argue them but I enjoy it. I have a soft spot in my heart for it as it hipped me to some wrestlers many years ago and I remember buying it with some groceries at a Dillons when I was almost dead broke and my car was in the shop.
At times with wrestling it is more fun to read about it and talk about it than actually watch it. Maybe this will be case for the bottom of the barrell of the 500. I am not interested in watching and discussing the higher guys like AJ but am more interested in the guy in the South who wrestles in an armory and his biggest match has been with an old veteran. I am going to use the
wonder of Youtube and start at the end of the 500 and see if I can find clips and matches and watch the matches of ranked grappler. I have a good PMA (positive mental attitude) and am sure I will find some gems. So I am signing off to hopefully watch this week’s old NWA episode before Comcast deletes it before the stroke of midnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh dude, and San Fran put guidelines in to ban the Happy Meal. What's up with that town?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/02/san-francisco-happy-meal-ban-mcdonalds_n_777939.html