Thursday, February 14, 2008
Today was really just a Thursday in February. Huge blow up last night that was totally uncalled for, half assed apology, rinse repeat, same as it ever was. Too much company around no chance of any love, even self loving. Tomorrow we drink, tomorrow we watch more Mid South, tomorrow we eat too much cereal and fart in the cat's face while getting ready for the Chessman vs. Halloween match in AAA.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Tuesday seems almost like a dream now. I worked a long day and everyone was in a better mood. I have come to look forward to Tuesdays due to ECW. I got out of the habit of watching it for a little while but I am back in full swing. But if I soon end up on the street hopefully the guys and gals at the drop center will let me watch. Maybe I will work a double shift ladling soup to earn it.
For the second week in a row I really enjoyed the hell out of the show. I was wondering why it was so good and than I read that Big Dust has the book. Things made sense and it did not feel rushed. Note: I am now writing this on a Sunday morning, slept on the couch due to a visiting mom (not mine they she doesn’t fly) and just need to be away from everyone. I have a sore throat and a lot of work to do but I wanted to get this out before next Tuesday.
I was dreading the Gulf of Mexico match and to be truthful I dozed off but saw the finish. I youtubed it Wednesday morning and it was a nice little brawl. I was worried it would be totally cheesy. Not cheesy Rock being pinned by a forklift but more cheesy Bob Holly and Al Snow fighting in the water. But it wasn’t the brawling was fine and I liked the go to sleep into the water. I have finally gotten into the Chavo vs. Punk. But I have a feeling Punk will be getting that belt back soon. It would be nice if they let him look strong for awhile, they have him take too many beatings.
So I guess the sun can shine on a Diva’s ass more than once (I mean real sun not the tanning bed variety). Kelly Kelly is becoming quite a little wrestler. I laughed called her the hottest Ricky Morton. This kind of reminds me of the time when Finlay was in charge of the ladies and they started having decent matches and Trish starts looking like a million bucks. I am not sure if they Victoria working with them all but this match was pretty good. It was short and they were smart keeping Layla in there for just a short time. Michelle McCool hit a great looking kick from the ground and Kelly Kelly’s arm drags and selling were top notch. I know I sound like a broken record but Victoria, Layla and Nise Gail Kim (who doesn’t add a whole lot to me) make a great women in prison faction. Supposedly the match next week is good as well.
Holy shitake! They aired a Jim Ross style interview with Stevie Richards! This was great and I like how Stevie came across sympathetic and yet crazy at the same time. I have always said if I was booking ECW Stevie would be my champ. The guy is a great worker and can be a great heel or face and he can do the silly things as well. I hope they are giving him a shot at Punk because they have had some good matches.
My god the Miz is like the biggest Old Navy in shape prick in the world. He comes out with Morrison wearing a coat and scarf. I am not totally sold on their team but man do I love Morrison’s intro music the Hendrix sounding music. Also the wavy slowing down thing when he comes out is just gold. I was hoping for a Delaney/Dreamer vs. Miz/ Morrison but this singles match is fine. I like how Dreamer is still around and I think helping out as a road agent. I am sure he had to work like hell to get any respect. I am sure some of the other guys think of him as ole’ cheese greater head in warm up pants in a bingo hall. I really hope they put the belts on Delaney and Dreamer. If it was just ECW tag belts they would but I think they may be hesitant considering they are Smackdown belts as well. Good short match and Delaney takes a beating and flies into the barricade. I really still want to see a brawl thru the building big bumps thru tables with these two teams with the good guys winning one.
I was glad they skipped the Kane and Shelton this week. The week before it was not that bad but I am glad they gave it a rest. Kofi had his best outing yet. Not that much different than the other ones but more arm work. I guess a program with Stevie would be good for him. I have been watching a lot of Ernie Ladd and although Kofi is not near as big as the Big Cat it makes me happy to see the double leg drop.
I am keeping my fingers crossed to see this Tuesdays but it is tough with guests etc. It is on at 10 my time and I guess that is one of the benefits of sleeping on the couch, sell being tired and fire up the Big Dust approved ECW.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
I love how frustrations creep up on you and hit you in the back of the head with an iron skillet as you recline. I am so frustrated right now I want to kick, cry, laugh and eat Jack in the Box tacos. I am working a lot of hours and than I have to come home and defend why I am working a lot of hours and why I am not making more $$$. I just want to do a good job and enjoy life. It looks like I have about 3 unpleasant conversations ahead of me. I must be an idiot I always thought trying to treat others well and being myself would be enough in life.
It was a super nice morning and I almost just drove past work and right on out of this state. I thought about my upstairs neighbor who is moving and how lucky he is that today he will be cruising the open road listening to talk radio and pushing how many miles he can do in one day. Life is odd in the fact I was thinking of my drive out here and all of the hope and promise I had.
Friday, February 1, 2008
This used to be one of my favorite gimmicks over at DVDR, I guess they do not do it anymore. I always enjoyed it. I have always tried with these to have more positives than negatives.
1. Swamp Thing- I am on the 3rd graphic novel and am trying to fight the urge to go buy the 4th this weekend. I dig him because he is gentle and for the most part is pretty mellow. Constantine just showed up in this one and it is awesome how he looks like Sting. How they decided to have that choad Keanu play him in a movie is beyond me. This novel was so great with the woman werewolf and the underwater vampires.
2. The Bash and Build WWE figures- These little fellers are small, i think even smaller than the G.I. Joes i played with as a kid. They are extremely detailed and it looks like they used the real scan program. I just bought the Edge one. The rest of the series are guys that i am not totally crazy about but i sort of want to buy them to build the ring (each figure comes with a ring piece). I keep Baby Edge as i call him on my pullout shelf under my keyboard.
3. This upcoming weekend- This has many good parts. I am home alone this weekend so it will be quiet and i have a lot of time for the Watts discs. On top of that it is Super Bowl Weekend. I plan on sleeping in Saturday, having some breakfast and watching a lot of wrestling. I am also looking forward to watching The Best of Buddy Landell in Puerto Rico, which so far has been great.
4. Writing- The boss is gone today and i am out of it so it feels good to just write. I wish it was my job. I still want to someday have a printed zine to send out. I really like this blogging deal.
5. Opie & Anthony (w/ Little Jimmy Norton)- God i wish i could hear it every day. When i first started listening to Free FM i really did not like their show much, i was more of a Carolla guy. I have to do a bank run every day and this is the high spot of my afternoon, getting maybe 10minutes of the show. It really does sound like some friends of mine sitting down and just having fun.
1. This job at times. More precise a certain rudo sales person. She treats everyone like trash but since she brings in the numbers we have been told to just deal with it. All of the drama and anger have taken up a huge part of the last two days and i could see me leaving. Not smart during a recession but it is either that or jail time.
2. Me and food- i feel fat and bloated and i just had some onions for lunch. I really need to get on to the gym tonight. When i get stressed I eat or when i do a good job i eat. I am not 6,000 lbs. but i am also not 40 yet. Har har.
3. Can't get going today. Not that big of a deal but i feel guilty and feel like i will feel the wrath of slacking next week. I have been working far too many hours and need to detach myself and enjoy my life.
4. Eli Manning and the Giants- God, Allah, Buddha and Jimmy Swaggert please do not let these ass clowns win. Eli is such a wiener always bitching to the ref about calls and yelling at his receivers. We will never hear the end of it if Eli and his boys snap the streak.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
So yesterday I started this and had to end it. Once again writing on the sly is tough. I was angry yesterday but today i am just out of it. I guess there is some anger. I work with a lady who is a living arrogant scrap of cancer. Our office is in turmoil and I can imagine shutting off my computer for good and going home to watch the Watts set. It has been a long time since i have been around someone that i cannot find one positive trait about them. Anyhow, i was thinking of characters and villians in life and movies and i thought of one that i hate almost as much as my co-worker. Paul Reiser in Aliens. Such a money hungry sniveling bastard just like my co worker. I imagine my co worker getting ready for an appointment with her hat and makeup looking great and backing into the alien's jaws and him splitting her in half with the tail like he did to the nice robo man (Lance Henrickson). As i think about this i smile and think i can make it through today.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
I guess I should do an introduction but not today time is a tickin'. I am one of those rare guys that does not have a computer at home so I do all my surfing, posting etc. on the fly at work. When it is slow it is great but now I am in the trenches working long days for well not a lot of anything. Maybe I will do a proper one over the weekend when I come in to ... you guessed it work. So currently I am working on the Watts Mid South Ballot from Death Valley Driver. It is a great project where you rank 150 matches. I am about 12 in right now. The first night of viewing was great but last night's was mediocre. Part of it may have been I was tired from a long day at work and some if it may have been just not in the mood.
*note this has been added to 2-1-8
I did watch ECW which was a fine little night of TV. I was shocked that i didn't totally hate the Diva section which was Victoria squashing Kelly Kelly. Kelly actually didn't totally stink it up and did a nice rope assisted flip into an arm drag. I wish they would have Victoria be the head prison bitch and Layla and Nise Gail Kim could be her lover/cronies. I have this movie I taped off of Showtime that for one is really hot but does a really good job in showing the prison girl dynamic. The great thing is they turn face at the end oh and did i mention the boobs. Sorry wrestling wrestling angles. I think Layla is probably my favorite of the ladies (i hate the term Diva) either way curly hair or straight she is a nice looking woman. There is a huge part of me that just hates the fact that WWE gets rid of or cannot think of anything to do with enter name here but they hire and focus on bikini models. It never fails if i turn on WWE in the gym or am watching at home with the girlfriend some awful Diva shit comes on. Who knows maybe i am just gay that i want to see a Dick Murdoch more than a Torie Wilson. But I could get into a prison women clique and my dream would be for Balls to rescue Kelly Kelly and all 3 gals taking chair shots. Imagine that!
I liked the Mikey Whipwreck idea with the Colin kid. I could enjoy a Dreamer/Colin tag team. WWE must have just figured out about the underdog loser angle as they are also doing it in OVW with Ted the Trailer AKA Manbeast. They showed the clips which show what a great bumper the kid is. I guess next week they are having a tag match. It would be great to see a great old brawl with Dreamer and Colin against someone.
Punk vs. Burke was short but pretty good. They have done this match a lot and i wonder why Burke is not being as featured these days. I loved the New Breed angle last year and those were some of my favorite matches. A rag tag bunch of misfits, a vampire, school teacher and two brothers. This weeks match was short and I loved that when Burke had the chin lock, rear nake hold that he wrapped his legs around Punk. The finish really kind of came out of nowhere.
So the main reason I tuned in was to see the 2nd match of Kofi Kingston. I saw his debut and was pretty jazzed. He actually had some really unique offense. This week he had Rob Eckos who i think is from the Philly Indies. It was decent but i am not so sold on his spin kick finisher. It seems that sometimes the E has troubles coming up with finishers. But Kofi has IT and i really look for him to be a big deal this year.
ECW was fun this week and i did not feel like i wasted precious Watts time watching it. I am hoping to someday do a good old fashioned zine and one thing i want to do is a fantasty booking part and my first project is the ECW roster. Yup Stevie Richards would be my champion. Maybe i will post it here instead.
So i guess i should get back to work. I have a ton to do today and not a lot of zip. But as i drink a Slim Fast and think of the Watts viewing tonight i will smile. I may write more later.