Thursday, February 14, 2008
Today was really just a Thursday in February. Huge blow up last night that was totally uncalled for, half assed apology, rinse repeat, same as it ever was. Too much company around no chance of any love, even self loving. Tomorrow we drink, tomorrow we watch more Mid South, tomorrow we eat too much cereal and fart in the cat's face while getting ready for the Chessman vs. Halloween match in AAA.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Tuesday seems almost like a dream now. I worked a long day and everyone was in a better mood. I have come to look forward to Tuesdays due to ECW. I got out of the habit of watching it for a little while but I am back in full swing. But if I soon end up on the street hopefully the guys and gals at the drop center will let me watch. Maybe I will work a double shift ladling soup to earn it.
For the second week in a row I really enjoyed the hell out of the show. I was wondering why it was so good and than I read that Big Dust has the book. Things made sense and it did not feel rushed. Note: I am now writing this on a Sunday morning, slept on the couch due to a visiting mom (not mine they she doesn’t fly) and just need to be away from everyone. I have a sore throat and a lot of work to do but I wanted to get this out before next Tuesday.
I was dreading the Gulf of Mexico match and to be truthful I dozed off but saw the finish. I youtubed it Wednesday morning and it was a nice little brawl. I was worried it would be totally cheesy. Not cheesy Rock being pinned by a forklift but more cheesy Bob Holly and Al Snow fighting in the water. But it wasn’t the brawling was fine and I liked the go to sleep into the water. I have finally gotten into the Chavo vs. Punk. But I have a feeling Punk will be getting that belt back soon. It would be nice if they let him look strong for awhile, they have him take too many beatings.
So I guess the sun can shine on a Diva’s ass more than once (I mean real sun not the tanning bed variety). Kelly Kelly is becoming quite a little wrestler. I laughed called her the hottest Ricky Morton. This kind of reminds me of the time when Finlay was in charge of the ladies and they started having decent matches and Trish starts looking like a million bucks. I am not sure if they Victoria working with them all but this match was pretty good. It was short and they were smart keeping Layla in there for just a short time. Michelle McCool hit a great looking kick from the ground and Kelly Kelly’s arm drags and selling were top notch. I know I sound like a broken record but Victoria, Layla and Nise Gail Kim (who doesn’t add a whole lot to me) make a great women in prison faction. Supposedly the match next week is good as well.
Holy shitake! They aired a Jim Ross style interview with Stevie Richards! This was great and I like how Stevie came across sympathetic and yet crazy at the same time. I have always said if I was booking ECW Stevie would be my champ. The guy is a great worker and can be a great heel or face and he can do the silly things as well. I hope they are giving him a shot at Punk because they have had some good matches.
My god the Miz is like the biggest Old Navy in shape prick in the world. He comes out with Morrison wearing a coat and scarf. I am not totally sold on their team but man do I love Morrison’s intro music the Hendrix sounding music. Also the wavy slowing down thing when he comes out is just gold. I was hoping for a Delaney/Dreamer vs. Miz/ Morrison but this singles match is fine. I like how Dreamer is still around and I think helping out as a road agent. I am sure he had to work like hell to get any respect. I am sure some of the other guys think of him as ole’ cheese greater head in warm up pants in a bingo hall. I really hope they put the belts on Delaney and Dreamer. If it was just ECW tag belts they would but I think they may be hesitant considering they are Smackdown belts as well. Good short match and Delaney takes a beating and flies into the barricade. I really still want to see a brawl thru the building big bumps thru tables with these two teams with the good guys winning one.
I was glad they skipped the Kane and Shelton this week. The week before it was not that bad but I am glad they gave it a rest. Kofi had his best outing yet. Not that much different than the other ones but more arm work. I guess a program with Stevie would be good for him. I have been watching a lot of Ernie Ladd and although Kofi is not near as big as the Big Cat it makes me happy to see the double leg drop.
I am keeping my fingers crossed to see this Tuesdays but it is tough with guests etc. It is on at 10 my time and I guess that is one of the benefits of sleeping on the couch, sell being tired and fire up the Big Dust approved ECW.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
I love how frustrations creep up on you and hit you in the back of the head with an iron skillet as you recline. I am so frustrated right now I want to kick, cry, laugh and eat Jack in the Box tacos. I am working a lot of hours and than I have to come home and defend why I am working a lot of hours and why I am not making more $$$. I just want to do a good job and enjoy life. It looks like I have about 3 unpleasant conversations ahead of me. I must be an idiot I always thought trying to treat others well and being myself would be enough in life.
It was a super nice morning and I almost just drove past work and right on out of this state. I thought about my upstairs neighbor who is moving and how lucky he is that today he will be cruising the open road listening to talk radio and pushing how many miles he can do in one day. Life is odd in the fact I was thinking of my drive out here and all of the hope and promise I had.
Friday, February 1, 2008
This used to be one of my favorite gimmicks over at DVDR, I guess they do not do it anymore. I always enjoyed it. I have always tried with these to have more positives than negatives.
1. Swamp Thing- I am on the 3rd graphic novel and am trying to fight the urge to go buy the 4th this weekend. I dig him because he is gentle and for the most part is pretty mellow. Constantine just showed up in this one and it is awesome how he looks like Sting. How they decided to have that choad Keanu play him in a movie is beyond me. This novel was so great with the woman werewolf and the underwater vampires.
2. The Bash and Build WWE figures- These little fellers are small, i think even smaller than the G.I. Joes i played with as a kid. They are extremely detailed and it looks like they used the real scan program. I just bought the Edge one. The rest of the series are guys that i am not totally crazy about but i sort of want to buy them to build the ring (each figure comes with a ring piece). I keep Baby Edge as i call him on my pullout shelf under my keyboard.
3. This upcoming weekend- This has many good parts. I am home alone this weekend so it will be quiet and i have a lot of time for the Watts discs. On top of that it is Super Bowl Weekend. I plan on sleeping in Saturday, having some breakfast and watching a lot of wrestling. I am also looking forward to watching The Best of Buddy Landell in Puerto Rico, which so far has been great.
4. Writing- The boss is gone today and i am out of it so it feels good to just write. I wish it was my job. I still want to someday have a printed zine to send out. I really like this blogging deal.
5. Opie & Anthony (w/ Little Jimmy Norton)- God i wish i could hear it every day. When i first started listening to Free FM i really did not like their show much, i was more of a Carolla guy. I have to do a bank run every day and this is the high spot of my afternoon, getting maybe 10minutes of the show. It really does sound like some friends of mine sitting down and just having fun.
1. This job at times. More precise a certain rudo sales person. She treats everyone like trash but since she brings in the numbers we have been told to just deal with it. All of the drama and anger have taken up a huge part of the last two days and i could see me leaving. Not smart during a recession but it is either that or jail time.
2. Me and food- i feel fat and bloated and i just had some onions for lunch. I really need to get on to the gym tonight. When i get stressed I eat or when i do a good job i eat. I am not 6,000 lbs. but i am also not 40 yet. Har har.
3. Can't get going today. Not that big of a deal but i feel guilty and feel like i will feel the wrath of slacking next week. I have been working far too many hours and need to detach myself and enjoy my life.
4. Eli Manning and the Giants- God, Allah, Buddha and Jimmy Swaggert please do not let these ass clowns win. Eli is such a wiener always bitching to the ref about calls and yelling at his receivers. We will never hear the end of it if Eli and his boys snap the streak.