Sunday, October 18, 2015

ESST



ESST

I once was on a down projection, a downhill slope running off my mouth (still ringing ears true)

I was told that reading books about downhill racers who eventually took their own lives in the course of many musical notes was not helping my case or cause

But that too tight drum sound with a snap and flare of the wrist reminds me of why I am happy to be around still

I don’t want to miss anything, no matter how slight 

I romanticize and speculate in droves, I think it is a warm forehead flush with blessing but some (mainly one voice) say I need to Map Quest GPS my way out of my head 

But I will take this filling in the gaps, rule of thirds to go:
That basement surely had not only a sound but a smell
One of damp drywall and wet concrete

That drum sound took some time to get it just right, moving the mics and trying not to hit too hard, no that is not what is needed in this piece

Plus it’s getting late and every creak of the floor boards upstairs made the spine tingle with anticipation of a tired roommate or possible neighbor who could not hear sports center at top volume

I imagine it was late, almost three not quiet four when he with a slight grin and feeling of accomplishment clicked the light off at the top of the stairs 

A personal celebration of a walk in the damp morning, pulling knit cap down a touch more

Stop off at a convenience store, soaking up a different unique kind of night life and just feeling like ‘Hey I get it, I really get it and life is pretty great right now’

A soda and a snack and another lap around the block, the warm bed will feel good with a slight breeze over the top of the covers

Tonight something happened and maybe it didn’t happen this way but that rim shot sound of beauty always talks volumes of “those” moments to me

No comments: