Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Love and Hate


This used to be one of my favorite gimmicks over at DVDR, I guess they do not do it anymore. I always enjoyed it. I have always tried with these to have more positives than negatives.

Love:
1. Swamp Thing- I am on the 3rd graphic novel and am trying to fight the urge to go buy the 4th this weekend. I dig him because he is gentle and for the most part is pretty mellow. Constantine just showed up in this one and it is awesome how he looks like Sting. How they decided to have that choad Keanu play him in a movie is beyond me. This novel was so great with the woman werewolf and the underwater vampires.

2. The Bash and Build WWE figures- These little fellers are small, i think even smaller than the G.I. Joes i played with as a kid. They are extremely detailed and it looks like they used the real scan program. I just bought the Edge one. The rest of the series are guys that i am not totally crazy about but i sort of want to buy them to build the ring (each figure comes with a ring piece). I keep Baby Edge as i call him on my pullout shelf under my keyboard.

3. This upcoming weekend- This has many good parts. I am home alone this weekend so it will be quiet and i have a lot of time for the Watts discs. On top of that it is Super Bowl Weekend. I plan on sleeping in Saturday, having some breakfast and watching a lot of wrestling. I am also looking forward to watching The Best of Buddy Landell in Puerto Rico, which so far has been great.

4. Writing- The boss is gone today and i am out of it so it feels good to just write. I wish it was my job. I still want to someday have a printed zine to send out. I really like this blogging deal.

5. Opie & Anthony (w/ Little Jimmy Norton)- God i wish i could hear it every day. When i first started listening to Free FM i really did not like their show much, i was more of a Carolla guy. I have to do a bank run every day and this is the high spot of my afternoon, getting maybe 10minutes of the show. It really does sound like some friends of mine sitting down and just having fun.

HATE:

1. This job at times. More precise a certain rudo sales person. She treats everyone like trash but since she brings in the numbers we have been told to just deal with it. All of the drama and anger have taken up a huge part of the last two days and i could see me leaving. Not smart during a recession but it is either that or jail time.

2. Me and food- i feel fat and bloated and i just had some onions for lunch. I really need to get on to the gym tonight. When i get stressed I eat or when i do a good job i eat. I am not 6,000 lbs. but i am also not 40 yet. Har har.

3. Can't get going today. Not that big of a deal but i feel guilty and feel like i will feel the wrath of slacking next week. I have been working far too many hours and need to detach myself and enjoy my life.

4. Eli Manning and the Giants- God, Allah, Buddha and Jimmy Swaggert please do not let these ass clowns win. Eli is such a wiener always bitching to the ref about calls and yelling at his receivers. We will never hear the end of it if Eli and his boys snap the streak.

No comments: