Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Love and Hate and big sports news


So everyone is talking about the big story in baseball. Yup someone wants to pay top dollar for a Doug Frobel Pirates game worn jersey. Tee hee. Frobel was one of my favorite baseball cards as a kid. He looked like Funky Winkerbean (80's cartoon strip) and a little like Mike Deck who in the village of Haysville was like a Von Erich. I am for some reason baseball crazy and Thursday morning I was giddy with Manny's suspension. I hated him when he was with Boston and now the Dodgers. This year I am finally on board with the Giants, I think mainly due to the pitching staff but I am becoming a Benji Molina fan. This has been a hot sports week with Farve and now Manny (I guess A Fraud as well, although i would prefer he move into a wing of Madonna's giant vagina). I may expand a little later, but truthfully I am afraid of becoming a sports junkie who writes about it. So here is some love and hate for this week:
Love:
One of my best friends in the world getting married and being able to see it via the world wide web.
My long walk, the morning is nice but the night has its charm as well. I seem to come up with a lot of ideas and projects i want to do, IE the baseball game with dice and short attention span zine. I am not allowing myself to take the I Touch on these walks.

Benjamin Buttons: I sometimes pee on a movie due to hype (OK i do that often) but i Red Box rented this and loved it. I could watch a whole movie of Pitt as the old man the size of a boy. A very beautiful film that I am glad i put aside my notions of it. It is a very sentimental film that made me think a lot about the characters and family i have had in my life, yup I cried.

WWE 24-7: Really about the only thing that the E does correctly. I am overloaded on goodness this month with the Lucha stuff. They also have a Film Vault episode of Bill Watts. I am really getting into Billy Jack Haynes for some reason. The previous episode of Prime Time had some great matches, Sika vs. Muraco (Muraco did a driving front knee face crusher from the top) and a Broadway of Harley Race vs. Ko Ko. I like a dumb ass did not tape it. Great channel worth the $10 or so.
Farkel: I love this dice game more than cards I think. I just wish my mom was in the area so we could play and drink some cheap wine. I am hoping to teach it to the wee man as he is enjoying playing 21 or as he calls it Flapjack.


Hate:
Not a lot at this moment. Had a great interview, I guess I hate how fat I feel but on the other hand I love eating. I am a little under the gun to get my Momma Day project done but as 5:27 I am feeling full but good. Oh I hate I was not at Strider's wedding, I hate myself for that one. Well maybe my old employer for firing me so I would not be able to afford the trip.
Tomorrow I will maybe write a little more. I am planning on reviewing the comics i picked up this week as well as more randumb thoughts.




No comments: